Well here is from start to finish:)
Sawing the MDF
Measuring out the dots and lines, with Dakota looking over.
Sanding the wood to get ready for drilling
Drilled the holes, no photo for my drilling.
Sat all the cut bits into the holes to see what it would look like
Was going to cut a pattern where that bottom line is but i forgot to and finished it, but going to try another one:)
Stapling the material onto the MDF
Then i cut little holes in the material where the drilled holes were, but didnt cut them big.
Put the glue gun in the hole filled it with glue then stuck the the cut bits.
Completed with all the sticks in the right places.
And finished.
Thanks again Renee for your great blog post:) i just gotta get more bobbins:)






4 comments:
very clever! I just throw all my thread in an old biscuit tin lol
Looks awesome!! Good job. I like the idea of gluing the fabric in the holes. Might have to get myself a hot glue gun...
Sorry - that post from "Sam" above is actually from me!! We have friends staying and I forgot to log Sam out before I commented...whoops!!!
lol Renee all good:) Yea i thought the glue gun would work really well that way the fabric stays in the hole too no pulling or it falling apart. Thanks again Renee for the idea.
Thanks Kelly i stole it from Renee lol, i did have them in a tin hehe.
Post a Comment