Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Playing with camera settings

Today wasn't a cold day, in fact its nice and sunny.  So let the kids out the front while I sat out there and watched and took photos.  Gave the kids bowls with flour, cornflour, water, foodcolouring then gave them muffin cases, party flags, kebab sticks, beaters and spoons and let them go for it.

They enjoyed it for sure.



Lukas made party food

Dakota made party food

This is a neat photo of Lukas splashing in the coloured water

I saw a bee and wanted to try and get a photo of it, here is my best photo of the bee

I wanted a photo of the lovely view I had from my front door while sitting on the doorstep watching the kids play, I snapped a couple of photos and it kept coming out white with no clouds and there WERE clouds I wanted the clouds in the photo.  I finally clicked that I have a landscape function on my camera so flicked it to that and what do you know, I got the photo I wanted to show

Kids also have a scooter each now, this saves all the fighting they have been doing over the one scooter.

Also with my camera settings I wanted to try a long distance photo of a tree just outside our place and I wanted the lovely red flowers on it.

I went outside while the kids were just finishing up lunch and saw a friend heading into the park so I called to her and yup it was who I thought it was, so I took the kids over to the park too so they all could have a play together, and yup took my camera since today was all about me playing with the settings and working out what each thing did.  This has to be my favourite shot of the day it does help I have a cute subject to take photos of.

On the way home, I saw the shadows in front of us and thought that might make a awesome photo.  I really don't like how big my shadow makes me look though..stupid shadows

So I have learnt more about my camera today than I knew and the kids and I had fun in the process of it all.

On a side note 4 weeks and 1 day till we head back to NZ

Please leave comments, I love hearing them :)

No comments: