27th July 2012
Well Friday was the day...the day to say goodbye and head home.
Got everything sorted in the morning then headed off to the airport. Once there got all check in and got something to eat. Hungry Jacks it was.
All said and done, Damian took the kids to get a goodbye presents, Lukas got a stuffed turtle the whole trip he has wanted a turtle. Dakota got a little kangaroo that hangs off her leap pad.
The kids at the airport
Photos with Daddy
No photos on the flight as I didn't want to pull out my camera to try and get it in my bag again. But the kids were good on the flight, and it was only 2 hours 25mins instead of the normal 3 - 3.5 hours. They were happy with the tv's on the seats and played games aswell...Dakota had her leap pad out aswell.
Landed in NZ and getting off the plane was fine, until I couldnt find our bags, I was standing at the wrong bag area. Once i finally found the bag area I started getting my bags off to turn around and Lukas climbing onto the bag carousel so had to drop my bag to grab the child, this happened twice.
He thought he was pretty funny, mummy didnt.
Then I couldnt work out how to get my bags all to fit on the trolley.
I had 3 big bags, the kiddies wheel bags, backpack and a carseat. Im glad I didnt have to bring back another carseat and a pram thats for sure.
Finally got to go though customs I decleared all the food etc I had and that was fine they sent me right though and out the door. Mum and Dave were standing there waiting.
We got out the door, Dakota was off within seconds running towards nana and grandad.
Once in the car we headed to my nanas for dinner, then back to mum's. Dakota got to open birthday presents and wecome home present. Lukas also got a welcome home presents and a present which im guessing what was meant to be for his birthday but he opened it last night.
Dakota got this kitchen set and pots etc from my parents her nana and grandad
This was a birthday present from great gran parents (damians parents)
The small transport toys are from nana and grandad as a welcome home, there is one missing there. And the big truck is from Damians grandparents I think its meant for his 3rd birthday in November but he was quick and saw his name and it was open before you could say boo
Dakota also got a small toy and stencils from gran nan (my nana) just don't have a photo of that.
Here are the photos that I took of the kids with Daddy, I printed them out and framed them. The kids then placed them in their bedrooms
| Lukas on his dressing table |
| Dakota on her bedside table |









1 comment:
Glad you are home where you want to be and that the kids are happy. xoxo
Post a Comment