Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Summer is here


Yup summer is finally arriving in New Zealand and of course christmas is on its way too 13 more days so I'm told.

We started this day off by doing the magic crystal trees the kids loved these they didnt take long to start showing crystals.  


Dakota asked if she could have a blue tree so we put a bit of colour into the bottom of her lid and when Lukas got home and saw Dakota has blue he asked for a red one.  They look great, I wasnt too sure it was going to work but it has.

Dakota had speech today the last one for the year and as a proud parent I am beaming from ear to ear as my daughter says words that can be understood.

Dakota doing her M words.

She is doing an awesome job even her speech lady is so proud of her

Since it was a nice hot day I set up the pool and slide for the kids to have some summer fun, had to take the shade off the pool cause Lukas kept hitting his head lol.  He finally has learnt to duck.






Since it was such a nice day I decided we could have a semi BBQ type dinner without using the BBQ lol
Chicken nibbles
Vege stack
Salad with lettuce from the garden
Beetroot

Was so good the kids just kept helping themselves was a nice dinner with no yelling or mucking around.



Then ice-blocks afterwards, Lukas hates smoothies and will scream if you put it in front of him so I thought I would try it as ice blocks, funny enough he loved it.  I also love the lollitups from tupperware cause they hold all the melted juices inside instead of all down the arms



Overall been an AWESOME day

No comments: