Friday, June 29, 2012

Heart pounding moments

I think all us parents have had this, weather the child takes off in the supermarket or gets lost at a park, we have had them, well I would think anyway.

So here is my heart pounding moments

Last year before Dakota was 3 we went to the hot pools in NZ, getting the kids out of the pool told Caleb (almost 6) to hold Dakota while we got Lukas and the floaties out.  Next minute we know Dakota has gone, we couldn't find her, looking around and panicking we see this child in the pool (keeping afloat) but the pool was WELL over her head, as it was up to my neck.  Damian saw her and jumped in to grab her, she was lucky she kept kicking her feet to get afloat.


When I looked about the life guard nowhere to be seen, another lady saw Dakota for a bit away and was heading my way running, it was a very scary day for sure.


Lucky enough she was fine, had lunch and went and played on the playground for a while, it hasn't scared her from getting into a pool, and hasn't scared her from swimming which is good, but she does wait for us now


                                                                                                                                                                        

Yesterday Lukas of 2.6yrs old decided he wasn't going to listen to the rules and do what he wanted to do, he would go out the front door and normally just sit on the path and play nice, well yesterday the builders next door called out to us twice to let us know he was out the front and by the road...OMG really, he was brought inside and told off, after the second time we locked the door so he couldn't open it and told him to play out the side door which goes to the backyard.

Everything went quiet and I couldn't find him, so I started yelling his name and looking for him in a panicked manner, noticed the gate was open (hubby didn't close it behind him) and Lukas was nowhere to be seen out the back, so I ran to the front where I saw him standing on the other side of the road.  When he saw me he started running across the road back to me, with my screaming and a car coming my heart started pounding more, I ran out onto the road to pick him up and get off the road, if I didn't get on that road who knows if that car would of seen him, he isn't huge.

The most painful moment in my life, most heartbreaking moment, the most scared I have been when it comes to him.

                                                                                                                                   
        
Then we had a funny heart pounding moment last night.  I was sitting watching TV while doing some cross stitching all of a sudden I hear a high pitch scream coming from Dakotas room, it scared me and made my heart pound.  I dropped my cross stitch and ran into her room, to find Dakota sitting on her bed shaking her hands.

I sat next to her asking her what is wrong and she is telling me her hands hurt, while she shakes them, turns out she had gotten pins and needles in her hands which caused the scream.  The poor girl was actually scared cause her hands were hurting so much.

A hand rub, cuddle, drink and toilet stop and it was all good

UNTIL

I put her back into her bed, she was so upset and so worried that their were 3 spiders in her bed, so we had to check that, did everything we could and looked though the bed to find nothing..Finally she fell back asleep


No comments: