When you have children, following the ideas they want to do makes some of the best ideas.
As a parent I think sometimes we overlook what the child wants to do, and take over. I do believe in letting the child guide the activity and let them make some of the decisions .(of course you are there watching to make sure they don't cut themselves etc)
I use to do this all the time, let them decide what they wanted to do with what items, but when I moved to Australia for some reason I stopped and starting making activities and only giving them certain tools, I did enjoy it more when they chose the items that used with that activity which Im hoping I will start again when I move back home to NZ. Im hoping to make a craft area for them where they have the crafts and things as they wish.
So with following something Dakota wanted to do today...
Today Dakota found a piece of bubble cardboard that had a circle cut out of it, she sat down and drew all over it, then stood up and put it to her head and popped her face though the hole, going grrrr, grrr grrr she was a monster.
Then she asked for something to go around her head, so daddy sat down with her to arrange this
The finished product with a cardboard mouth and the back of the finished product
So really when you follow what a child wants to do craft wise its amazing what they can come up with on their own, just with a little help from an adult they will get it how they want it
No comments:
Post a Comment