Monday, August 6, 2012

Homework at preschool

Yup you read it right, homework at preschool...

I love the idea, I have put the kids into a prodigy preschool cause I fully believe in the best education and the most you can get out of it, this preschool does that, its ALMOST like a Montessori, almost.  They have everything out for the kids including set up activities but they don't get stopped if they want something else.

Lukas walked in this morning and started painting, then found scissors and wanted to cut, he had to ask where everything was kept but once he worked it out he was off, cutting up paper then moving onto the next thing...I thought that was AWESOME and prefect for my children. 

He was for the first time actually happy to let me leave him at a childcare centre normally he will stay by my side and its a fight to leave him, but here nope no worries at all, he gave me a cuddle and a kiss and went off to do what he wished, I was so proud of him.

Morning session is for Lukas 8.30am - 12pm,
Afternoon session for Dakota 12.15pm - 4.30pm

As for Dakota I never had a problem with her leaving me and heading off to do what she wants, she went right over to the family corner and I believe stayed there for about 45mins.

The afternoon session has book work they have 4 different books for the week as they do book work every day, if they child doesnt want to do it they are forced but Dakota of course is a keen learner and will never say no to worksheets or writing.

When I picked her up I was surprised when she showed me her book bag I had a look inside and behold it was a homework book, I had a very excited 4 year old on my hands as she was a big girl with homework.  So we got home and she was so excited to show daddy, nana and grandad, but well grandad has gone overseas for work, nana was at work and daddy is in Australia so we skyped daddy and she can show nana in the morning.

After dinner, I popped Lukas into a bath and Dakota and I sat down with her homework. She did it with flying colours and was so pleased with herself.



So todays homework 
The Olympic Flag: Read the colour words, identify the colours and count the circles



Dakota doing the first part reading the words (which were in the colour she needed to read)

The colour in the rings of the colours that were written on the rings..Dakota did this by herself


Then count the circles Dakota counted 5 she asked me to write the number 5 so I did and she copied it


So the homework was fun, quick and exciting for Dakota

No comments: