Saturday, October 20, 2012

Dakota's speech


For those that are interested in what Dakota has to do every day with her speech.

I finally got around to putting all the things together that we were given, speech cards that needed cutting, laminating, putting the single consonant sequencing and single vowel sequencing pages into her speech book, hanging her sticker chart up and her I can do these sound charts up.

So here it all is.


 Dakota speech area, so everything is in one place. 
The top sheet is all about what she has and how to help her

Next is her sounds she needs to know how to say, this is what I mark so that her speech theorist can see what needs improved on, what we need to work on more, and how we can help this.  I tick when she give its a go or get it right but also put comments down aswell. 

Then we have I can say these sounds, or should be I'm learning these sounds, these Dakota can pull off and put back on in her own time, she does this often during the day.

Then at the bottom is her sticker chart she gets a sticker each time we do a decent amount of time on speech, the blue one is Lukas's chart Dakota wanted him to have one too cause on the weekends he sits with us and has a turn after Dakota, Dakota likes teaching him the sounds.

In the little bag is Dakotas speech book and inside that is a whole lot of charts with single consonant sequencing and single vowel sequencing page

There is a container in the little bag and its full with lots of different vowels and consonants, these are all laminated and cut out, we use these for games, and Dakota has to say the sounds.  Makes speech fun.  This isn't all the sounds either, there are heaps more to come I believe.

So with all this an hour a day if not more, she will get there with her speech.  Just takes time and cant be rushed

No comments: